A study in the journal Neurology showed that simple activities such as cooking, cleaning and washing dishes are associated with a lower risk of Alzheimer’s, even among people who are 80 years or older.
The Alzheimer’s makes no distinction between socioeconomic class, race or gender. According to the research about 350 thousand people there with this disease and die from it annually 2030 patients. However, are there actions that can be taken to prevent Alzheimer’s?
According to a study by the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom, and published by the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease , actions to prevent Alzheimer’s could start from breastfeeding, as this fact causes the mother to reduce Their chances of developing this pathology, and this may be due to the presence (at higher levels) of the hormone progesterone.
Avoid losing your memories!
Part of this disease is memory loss, to avoid it with Huffington Post information, presents 5 actions of your daily life that will help you with this goal …
- Daily tasks: A study in the journal Neurology showed that simple activities like cooking, cleaning and washing dishes are associated with a lower risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease, even among people who are 80 years or older.
- Study a language: Being bilingual may strengthen your brainpower, according to research published in Trends in Cognitive Science. This is because of the need to speak another language, at any given time, amounts to a continuous effort for the brain.
- Walk: No matter if it’s to work or park, people walking six to nine kilometers a week could reduce your risk of this disease, so indicates a study of Neurology.
- Fish is better: In addition to being a source of omega 3, researchers at Columbia University Medical Center found that eating a diet rich in fatty acids might help prevent Alzheimer’s.
- A green tea: Aromatic infusion, green tea helps prevent this disease according to a study from the University of Newcastle. This is because when green tea is digested by enzymes a chemical is produced that acts against the major triggers of the disease.
The Alzheimer’s is a disease that not only harms the person who has it but to those around you. It is, therefore, important to prevent and thereby maintain a good diet and exercise is essential to achieve this. In addition, you can add natural supplement Bacopa Monnieri in your regular diet, it enhances brain function and reduce stress to help fight Alzheimer’s disease, and improving the memory as it works.
Do you forget everything? Careful, your emotions can influence this behavior, especially if you are female, according to a study by the University of Gothenburg in Sweden.
The research published in the journal Neurology details that personality is an important risk factor for dementia because it directly influences behavior and how individuals react to stress.
The scientists detail that the emotions that damage your mental health and, therefore, must be controlled as soon as possible are:
- Bad mood
In the study of middle-aged women, personality tests were used to detect the level of neurosis, extraversion or introversion, as well as memory tests. In the end, it was detected that 19% of those who participated developed dementia.
That is, women who have a high score in the neurosis test have a double risk of developing Alzheimer’s. Those who register a high level of distress and are reserved, have a much greater risk of developing the disease.
Do not forget that you can control your emotions with the help of alternative therapies, so practice meditation, yoga or some activity that will fill you with endorphins and relax your mind. And you, do you get angry easily?